Monday, July 5, 2010

Ipoh Meeting Updates

I visited UTAR Campus 2 weeks ago together with Ming Chen, a Sunway College Campus Revo member who’s on his break. We had the open door to meet up with UTAR’s lecturer, Miss Chua Ee Chiet to share about Campus Revo. She also invited Miss Kam Wai Wan and Miss Chan Wan Ling who are all Christian lecturers to join this meeting. The CF teacher adviser wasn’t able to make it so I went ahead with the meeting to share with the three lecturers about Campus Revo and what God is doing in campuses all around Malaysia. After about an hour of sharing, the three lecturers were so excited and they decided to start Campus Revo by meeting up together for prayer. I have also invited Melody, one of my youth from Penang who is currently studying in UTAR to join them.

The lecturers were so inspired by the work of God in other campuses and schools in Malaysia. They begin to see a purpose to start this prayer group. After the sharing, we went out for lunch together for fellowship and as we were talking, I found out that the highest problem in UTAR Campus is that the students are very open in the sexual area. One of the lecturers said that the most demanded items in the town of Kampar are condoms. That saddens my heart and I see that many young people in UTAR campus truly need Jesus in their lives. We then head back to Miss Chua’s office room after lunch. We prayed together that God will use their Campus Revo group to bring a change in the lives of the students in the campus and they will live for a purpose with God’s destiny.

It was truly a fruitful meeting for me to be able to meet up with these lecturers who are so passionate for God and I want to see a positive change in the campus! They have officially started praying last week in UTAR and I pray that many young people in that campus will be changed through Campus Revolution. Just want to give all Glory to God for this great opportunity that God has given to me!

Event date: 22nd June 2010
-Pr.Pragas






1 comment: