Sunday, July 11, 2010

Convent Bukit Mertajam First Recess Revo!

Convent Bukit Mertajam just started Recess Revo in their school after the day we shared to them and they have made an impact in their school! Check out their testimony!

Hey guys and gals!
My school just started RR and even on our first day we made a huge leap on the first day itself. We had a meeting on wed and the RR team was present and thus introducing us to the whole program. During that time, when we were praying, I somehow saw our Christian Fellowship (CF) morning prayer group praying in the front field of the school. I was like, woah! that would be so cool. Later I approached a few of the committee members and they agreed...some of them had the same vision too. We were like taken a back for a second then started squealing with excitement. (all girl school...it happens).

So, the next day, that was exactly what we did. The thing is the front field is obviously located in front of our school where the entrance to our school is. Therefore meaning that teachers from both primary and secondary will like notice our existence there. It was pretty awkward. But, I told them that at times we have to get out off our comfort zone and explore but of course based on what He tells us to do. So we prayed and this time each individual prayed. we prayed for our school, the students there and even for one of our members dog. It lost his way. Oh! BTW...that member is Fiona..she just came to know the Lord and today she told us that she found her dog when she went home after her society meet. Praise the Lord! Oh back to what else we did. WE also handed out drinks to the janitors, lab assistants and security guards of our school. They were shock and took it with never ending gratitude. It felt good to bless people. I was blessed by seeing them be blessed. I am sure my other friends feel the same way too.

Oh and this is the best part. We went to our principal to ask if she could let us where our RR badge you know like during our society days and she said yes without hesitating. My vice, Ann Jill told me to tell her about RR. But, I didn't I explained that I felt like it was to early. I also told her that what we have done though small is a big step for some of us. I wasn't discouraging her in fact I would have gladly told the principal about it. But, i knew that we had to look back to God for guidance. we have just begun and to me I think that they have done an amazing job. Please pray for our team here. We are one excited bunch of people and are learning to take one step at a time at doing this. Like the team said, anyone could do this program you know the doing good thing but what is different is that when we do it the power of God is with us and people will be impacted like never before. We are planning to give out free sandwiches during our merentas desa activity next week but are still thinking and praying about it. so join us in prayer and I will write in our next testimony soon. Please and thank you. Bye!

Event date: 8th July 2010
-Abigail, Convent Bukit Mertajam

















No comments:

Post a Comment