Monday, July 6, 2009

Holy Spirit Raining in SMK Hamid Khan

SMK Hamid Khan is the next school which opened up its doors to Recess Revo. We were invited by the CF president, Aaron to come and talk about Recess Revo and we were given an hour to share about this project to all the believers in the school. About 47 students turned up, plus 2 teacher advisers who were there. The total number of Christians is about 60 students, but some did not turn up as they were attending extra classes.
As I was sharing, the rain began to pour and I began to notice some of the young people getting distracted, but I kept on going. Halfway through my presentation, I passed over to Darren to continue. The young people began to glue to us as we showed them the slides and shared the testimonies. However, I kept questioning God, “Why did it rain all of a sudden? Why is it becoming heavier and heavier?”

By the time I took over the presentation again, the rain was pouring down so heavily until it flooded the school grounds. After an hour of sharing, the presentation ended. But, me and my team were stuck and could not leave the school because of the flood. The water even began streaming into the classrooms. As we were looking out through the windows, we could see the students playing in the rain. They were splashing one another with rain water and truly enjoying themselves. After about 45 minutes, the rain began to lessen and the flood subsided. I and my team then walked over to the school canteen to wait for the rain to stop.

We got the opportunity to sit down and chat with one of the youths who attended the session. Daniel shared to us that he actually intended to leave SMK Hamid Khan when he was in Form 1, but he felt God spoke to him and asked him to continue studying in this school. What he did was he obeyed the Lord and stayed in this school for the next 4 years. Today, somehow in his spirit, he began to understand the mission he needs to accomplish in this school. He told us that he would pray every morning before coming to school. After hearing about Recess Revo, he was very excited and wanted to do something about it.

Before Darren, Jo Rim and I left the school, I just felt so strongly to pray for the school as the Word of God says ‘I will give you every land when you ask in my name.’ So, we prayed for the school and asked God to bring change in the school. As I was driving back to church, God showed me something in my heart. The rain which came for about an hour and flooded the school, it was like the Holy Spirit flooding and pouring down and showing that it will be doing something great in SMK Hamid Khan. Like the water which flooded the school, the Holy Spirit is going to flood into the school. And as the young people were enjoying playing in the rain water, they are going to experience the Holy Spirit in their lives and witness the change in their school. That was the picture God gave me.
I strongly believe in my heart that some of the young people who sat through the session had caught whole of the fire, and one of them was a 13 year old boy, Charlie who sent me a sms saying “Hey, thanks for coming to my school. It’s a blast to have you all come. Now you have helped me loosen my job. Please keep me in prayer as I start Recess Revo.hehe...Thanks.” I am absolutely excited to see the young people rising up and I know God is going to do something awesome and bring a big change in SMK Hamid Khan. All glory goes to Jesus!






Event date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment