Monday, July 6, 2009

9 Souls for Jesus from Convent Light Street

Hey everyone! Today, Darren, Samuel, Jo Rim, Alvin Dan and I went to Convent Light Street to encourage the young people there to start Recess Revo. On the way there, we were discussing together. Then I said, "All I ask is for two souls." But Darren corrected me and told me to believe and ask more from the Lord. We had rapid prayer in the car before reaching CLS, each of us praying for God's presence to be there and the Holy Spirit to move within the hearts of the students there.
When we arrived there, the CF were already ready for us. There were altogether 52 young people who attended the meeting. We quickly set up everything and we started off at 2.30 pm with praise and worship session. Samuel led the session while playing the guitar. During the songs, the young people started loosening up. We sang songs which required actions and we encouraged them to join in, which most of them did. After that, Jo Rim shared her testimony on obedience and overcoming her temper.

Then, I took over the time and shared a testimony about one 'kampung' boy,which was me, who almost committed suicide but got saved by God. When I asked them whether had anyone ever contemplated suicide, there were 3 to 4 who admitted. After sharing for about 20 minutes or so, the Holy Spirit convicted me to do an altar call as many of the young people were somehow ready to respond. As I led the altar call, one after another raised their hands. Altogether there were 9 hands! 9 souls! WHOAH!
I then led them into the sinner's prayer to accept Jesus as their personal Saviour and Lord into their lives. Ming Yen, the cf president, also asked me to share about Recess Revo. Both Darren and I shared testimonies about what God is doing among the youths throughout Malaysia. The whole meeting ended at around 4 pm. In a nutshell, we have officially kick started Recess Revo in CLS. Recess Revo will be held every Wednesday and Thursday in their school. All glory goes to the Lord in Heaven for the amazing things He has done in CLS CF!







Event date: Wednesday, June 17, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment